John C. Palmer MAI, CCIM, CDA, Principal Partner
Mr. Palmer is a native (“born and bred!”) of Charleston, SC, beginning his career in commercial and investment real estate sales, management and development. Eventually, he formed The Palmer Company, Inc., specializing in the acquisition, development, management and leasing of real estate ventures, as well as other projects such as general and special purpose real estate acquisitions and developments, including retail and office properties and historic rehabilitations.
Despite missing the feel of pluff mud between his toes, he relocated to Asheville, NC in 2002 as an associate with a local appraisal and consulting group and in 2006 re-established The Palmer Company, Inc. with offices in Asheville and Lenoir.
In his free time he enjoys gardening, photography, traveling and walking in his neighborhood. He is very excited about his recent purchase of a metal detector and is trying to talk his wife into the wisdom of getting a drone. He is also an active member of the Rotary Club of Asheville (Past Club President and past Club Foundation President) and serves on the board of Blue Ridge Honor Flight.
- North Carolina State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser (License A5928)
- South Carolina Certified General Appraiser (License 6808)
- Virginia State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser (License 4001017039)
- Professional Registry for SBA Going Concerns (August 2012)
- North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) - Approved Appraiser
- South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) - Approved Appraiser
- Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) - Senior Appraiser
- North Carolina Real Estate Broker (License 198326)
Professional memberships and designations:
- MAI, Member Appraisal Institute (North and South Carolina Chapters)
- CCIM – Certified Commercial Investment Member (No. 23055)
- International Right of Way Association (IRWA) Chapter 31
- North Carolina Professional Appraisers Coalition (NCPAC), Sponsor of the Appraisal Foundation – Coalition Designated Associate – General – Designation No. D-020
Want to learn even more about John? Check out this Sit Down With John article.